Festivals for Band Students
- Arrive at call time in concert attire. Please check the handbook or ask leadership if you have any questions about the dress code for performances.
- Make sure you have everything you need to perform: music, instrument, etc.
- Arrive and wait for warm up time with group.
- Play pieces for audience and judges. After each piece there will be time to wait to allow judges to write down comments about performance.
- After performance you will be ushered into either a follow up clinic with one of the judges, or a sight reading session. You are expected to be on your very best behavior while other people are working with you.
- After session is over, load the busses and go home.
- As soon as we turn onto the 94 freeway, you will be asked to call home to remind your parents to pick you up. Keep in mind… we need to unload the trailer and keep the band room clean, but at the same time, the staff and chaperone parents do not want to have to wait on you to get picked up. Please be in constant communication with your parents!