Pep Band Games (Football) for Band Students
- Pep band games are optional, not mandatory. Keep in mind that whoever volunteers for the most optional activities will be rewarded in various ways.
- This is a school event, however, transportation is not provided. The band president will be responsible for keeping track of students that are attending and can assist with carpools.
- Students must be responsible for their own instruments. The band room will not be open before the game to pick up instruments, so after school, they need to plan accordingly. This applies to percussion as well.
- Arrive at away game in polo shirts, and wait at the entrance of the visitor’s side of the stadium.
- Once roll has been taken we enter as a group and set up where host school would like us.
- Pay attention to your student leadership as they will be the ones who understand when and what is appropriate to play.
- Remember, we are there for the football team… not to start any band wars. Be respectful at all times! Cheer for the other band if the school has one during their half-time show. You might want to bring money for food or bring something for dinner.
- Always travel in groups of 2-3 when visiting the snack shop or the bathroom.
- When the football game ends, students must be picked up by their parents, or with their carpool from the visitor’s side. Check in with president before you leave. (ride must be present before we give you the okay to leave)