What to expect for Band Students
Below you will find information on the following:
1. Home Football Game
- Students will have free time from the time school gets out at 2:40 until 5:45 to eat dinner and do school work.
- Arrive at 5:45 PM and change into uniform. (gloves, shoes, BLACK socks, no plumes until halftime).
- Pit students begin to bring instruments down to the field.
- Be ready with instrument in quad by 6:20 PM.
- Band warm up, drumline separate warm up.
- Line up at 6:45 and march down to the stadium.
- National Anthem played before game. Approx. 7:00 PM
- March into stands for pep tunes.
- No eating or drinking (other than water) during the game.
- Perform field show at halftime.
- Pit returns instruments to the field.
- Play for the rest of the game.
- 4th quarter recycling team (changes each game) returns to room to change out of uniform and into recycling gear. Team returns down to the field to collect recycling at the end of the game.
- At end of game, march back to room.
- Students change out of uniform and clean up room. Students must check with section leaders before they are able to leave.
- Students should be ready to be picked up around 9:30 P.M.
- Call Time Sheets will be posted on the website A.S.A.P. at least by one week prior to the event
- Students will arrive to the school with band shoes, polo shirts, basketball shorts, black socks, and a white shirt.
- Students will help transporting equipment to the trailer. Equipment leaders will direct students what needs to be done.
- Before students load the bus they need to make sure they have their instrument, shoes, and hat with them. Multiple reminders will be said in order to insure everyone will remember what they need to bring!
- On the bus ride we expect maturity and common sense.
- Once we arrive at the site students will unload the trailer and change into uniforms. This is where the performance starts. It is really important that Steele Canyon High School has a good reputation when visiting and competing at other schools. Again, maturity and common sense is important.
- Stretching, warming up, and getting into performance mode is our top priority.
- Performance time!
- Once the performance is completed you will change out of uniforms. And put on your “B” uniform, which is a polo shirt and or band jacket.
- As a group we will move into the stands where we will watch other bands perform and wait for the award ceremony.
- You are allowed to visit the concession stands and purchase food, or bring your own food. All students must be in a group of 2 or more and must check with the parent chaperones ahead of time.
- After the awards ceremony we will meet at the busses, take roll, and head home.
- As soon as we turn onto the 94 freeway, you will be asked to call home to remind your parents to pick you up. Keep in mind… we need to unload the trailer and keep the band room clean, but at the same time, the staff and chaperone parents do not want to have to wait on you to get picked up. Please be in constant communication with your parents!
3. Pep Band Games (Football)
5. Band Camp for Band Students
Band camp is mandatory for all band students. It takes place a week or so before school officially begins. Aside from learning marching and music it’s an opportunity to meet new band members and get reacquainted with old ones.
SCHS Band Room / Marching (Football) Field
Food & Drink:
Bring water! Bottles of water, sports drinks, thermos or hydration packs are a very good idea!
What to Bring:
Please let your section leader know if you are having problems with getting a ride to rehearsals. We can help you figure it out, but only if you let us know ahead of time!
6. Official Steele Canyon Performance Attire
- All students have the option of using school provided attire or may purchase their own.
- *Items marked with an asterisk are provided to the student by Steele Regiment
- Please contact members of leadership if you have any individual questions. Dress rehearsals will be conducted in dress to approve of concert dress. Students will not be allowed on stage without the appropriate attire.
All Bands – Regiment Casual Uniforms – Used for casual performances
Steele Regiment Polo Shirt
If a jacket or sweatshirt is worn, it must be a SR team jacket, or SCHS jacket
(Travel or Pep Band Uniform is Polo Only)
Marching Band Performance Uniform
Jacket, Pants, and Shako*
Gloves (not required for students in pit or percussion)
Black Socks (must come up past the ankle)
Concert Attire – Concert Band
Tuxedos (Black Jackets, Pants, White Shirt, Bow Tie) Some school jackets are available
Black Blouse (Shoulders must be covered)
Black Pants or long skirt (Knees must be covered)
Black Shoes (Toes must be covered)