"If you take four years of the same class then it would be reasonable for you to take the music theory AP test and pass…This is my plan for you."
Each student is required to take a "Year X" test when they take band. They must pass each year in order to receive an A in the class as part of their curriculum. If they do not pass each test, the highest grade attainable is a B in the class. The students have the entire year to complete each test. Students may move ahead if desired. There are Year I-III with an optional Year IV for those students who wish to take a practice AP test.
Need help with some music theory stuff?
- Scale Sheets: Major, Natural Minor, Harmonic Minor, Melodic Minor Scales
- Practice recognizing the notes on the staff
- Key Signature Practice
- Interval Recognition Practice
- Chord Recognition Practice
- Ear Training Interval Recognition
- Ear Training Scale Recognition
- Ear Training Chord Recognition